The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, January 22–25 will be used by the Global Fund Advocates Network as a major outreach moment for the sixth Global Fund Replenishment to be held in France in fall 2019. The replenishment will raise new funds to end AIDS, TB, and malaria by 2030 in alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals.
The WEF meeting will focus on the “ramifications of globalization and its future impact on global cooperation and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.” It will be organized around five working principles:
- Dialogue is critical and must be multi-stakeholder-based
- Globalization must be responsible and responsive to regional and national concerns
- International coordination must be improved in the absence of multilateral cooperation
- Addressing the biggest global challenges requires the collaborative efforts of business, government, and civil society
- Global growth must be inclusive and sustainable